Sports injuries occur commonly during sports and exercises. These injuries may result from accidents, poor training practices, use of improper protective gear, lack of conditioning and insufficient warm up or stretching. Sports injuries may be either acute (sprains, fractures, tears) or chronic (tendinitis, overuse injury).
Some common injuries include:
- Back pain due to disc or nerve injury or joint related pain
- Tendonitis i.e. rotator cuff problems in the shoulder
- Tennis elbow
- Peripheral joint and ligament sprains i.e. knee ligament injury or ankle ligament injury
- Foot/heel pain: achilles tendinitis, plantar fasciitis
- Repetitive strain/sprain syndromes such as carpal tunnel or patellar tendinitis/jumpers knee
- Chronic musculoskeletal pain
Continued sports activity with an injury can hinder healing and thus it is important to seek treatment immediately.
Some of the benefits of treatments provided at PhysioCare & Rehab include:
- Decreasing pain, improving range of motion and function
- Promoting faster healing
- Education on prevention of injury
- self-management of injury
- Returning to activities in a safe manner