Physiotherapy is a health care profession directed at evaluating, restoring and maintaining physical function. This is achieved through education, prevention and treatment of the injury or disease. The objective of physiotherapy is to assess, treat and manage any injuries to the musculoskeletal and neurological system. After a thorough assessment, a detailed treatment plan is designed specific to the patient's needs.
Common conditions successfully treated by Registered Physiotherapists include:
- Pain, swelling, and discomfort in any joint of the body
- Stiffness and decreased mobility
- Acute or chronic neck, upper and lower back pain
- Sprains and strains
- Post fractures
- Severe contusions
- Tendonitis, bursitis, capsulitis
- Repetitive strain injuries such as carpal tunnel, tennis/golfers elbow
- Sports injuries
- Various soft tissue & orthopedic injuries
- Jaw pain
- Motor vehicle accident injuries
Note: Please check with your private insurance plan; many private plans cover physiotherapy. For your convenience, no doctor's referral is necessary. And treatments may be partially or FULLY COVERED by Extended Health Care Plans, (MVA) Motor Vehicle Insurance Plans, or WSIB.