Laser Therapy is a therapeutic, virtually pain-free form of phototherapy. It involves the application of low-level laser light over tissue to stimulate the area and amplify cellular activity. Specific wavelengths of light are used penetrating the skin's surface then getting absorbed into the underlying tissue. This stimulates a number of physiological responses that promote the natural healing process in the body at the cellular level.
Laser Therapy is beneficial and safe. It works well in elderly patients with years of sore knees and joints, and can improve mobility without painful treatments. Many patients with chronic pain can reduce pain medications with Laser Therapy. This means a faster return to your favorite activity or sport, and improved quality of life.
Laser Therapy treatment has a persistent effect on the healing process, and the great majority of patients do not relapse after the treatment ends. Laser light therapy stimulates permanent tissue healing, and is not simply temporary relief of symptoms.
Laser therapy provides a significant advantage in the treatment of conditions such as:
- Tendonitis (example: shoulder rotator-cuff, tennis elbow, golfer's wrist)
- Ligament, muscle, or tendon strain
- Back pain (Neck and low back pain, disc herniation)
- Arthritis (Osteo-arthritis and Rheumatoid)
- Carpel tunnel syndrome
- Repetitive strain injuries (example: wrist/hand)
- Plantar fasciitis (example: foot/heel)
- Contusion/ Hematoma
- Nerve irritation.
- TMJ syndrome (jaw/facial pain)